After the past several days, I think I have decided that this will be my last move on a whim. It was too much, too fast. Last Friday I went back to town (Thumbsy was in NYC for a bachelor party) and tried to spend time with everyone one last time. Then Sunday I had to say goodbye to the town and everything that had been my life for the past two years. Yesterday I frantically hurried to pack and finish everything on my to-do list (it didn’t not get completed) in time to drive two hours to the airport after Thumbs came home from work. Then saying goodbye to the condo was awful. As we packed the car I thought about what my life would have been life had I stayed here. I know that staying at my job was not a viable option, so I’m not sure what I would have done. There just weren’t any jobs available in the area that seemed like a reasonable substitute.
Now we are sitting in Fort Lauderdale with a long layover. Thumbsy has decided to extend his stay indefinitely which softens the blow somewhat. If you are wondering if his parents have warmed the idea of me bringing his son with me, the answer is not really. At least now I won’t have to face them for awhile. He won’t be able to stay much longer without finding a reasonable job down there, and I can’t imagine him being happy at all doing something like bartending. It bleak and rainy outside and I hope it’s not like this when we get there because we need a little help to avoid being depressed today. The one thing that keeps me going is knowing that leaving my job was the right decision and that staying longer where I was would have only made it harder to leave.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.