Yesterday I moved all (almost) of my stuff out of my apartment and into Thumbsy's condo. For an area of the world that I spent so much time complaining about, I sure do feel sentimental about leaving. Now I'll never have a chance to do this or that even though it never seemed important enough to do before. I never fully appreciated the politics and philosophy of Thomas Jefferson or learned my way around D.C. (I can always look these things up if I wanted to after I leave.)
The worst part though is being homesick for California, for my family that is. I don't have time to go home before I leave but even if I did, leaving it would be awful. That's the thing about being a "free spirit" that's so frustrating - I always feel like I'm still missing something. As the adventures get progressively interesting, I only want more, and as I move farther away from home I learn so much more about myself. I am now doubling what is, for me, already a grueling flight home.
What will I miss about Virginia? Besides the obvious (friends, Thumbsy, etc) I will miss my fabulous apartment and Thumbsy's condo, where I was finally making room for myself. Friday's After Five. Fall colors, cherry blossoms, snow. ALS clinic and teaching the students. It might be a survival mechanism, but yes, I finally built a life for myself here and I will miss that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.